Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wasting time and MUCH more importantly...Gas.

So today, I knew from the second that I woke up it was going to be a horrible day and there would be no job searching. My mission today was just to get my daughter's refill for her medicine that she needs to take twice a day.
Let me just start off by saying I have the worst luck in the world and Medicaid assigned my daughter the most unprofessional doctor in the history of the world. I had to call for days to get my appointment and when I got lost (bc it was 40 minutes away, and in the middle of nowhere)I tried to call, only to find out that they were closing for no reason. Then yesterday I finally got ahold of them after calling for 4days and leaving a million messages...I told them how urgent it was so they set me up for an appointment right away for today at noon. I left an hour early so that I wouldn't be late and when I got there I was so happy I actually found it. I went out and tried to open the door but it was locked and had a piece of paper attached to it from the inside saying, "Closed due to storm. Be back Thursday 9AM." That was it. No one called me, they weren't opening the next day. I was so upset because I am completely dumbfounded on what to do to get my daughter's refill and because I spent two hours driving around and wasting gas!!!! I am trying to find a job and gas money is hard to come by and here I am just using it like it's water!
So that brought up an interesting question: "Why would I do something, when I get NOTHING out of it?"

I've been wasting gas driving around turning in resumes and filling out apps for weeks. I have taken my kid to that stupid doctor so far away twice in the last week. I do all these things that are supposed to help my situation and they just end up making it worse. Now I'm unemployed and without medicine and down two gas tanks in the last week. What is the point? I accomplished nothing this week....not ONE thing. If I had slept for a week, nothing would be different, except the house would be really dirty and I might be dead..I guess it depends on whether or not I was hooked up to fluids...but that's it. That's all that would have changed. Really makes you wonder why you even bother....

No comments:

Post a Comment