I have created a blog about the depression of being unemployed for a number of reasons. One reason is that it makes people feel better when they write down their issues. This is true, there have been many studies about it and there are obvious reasons why it would work.
One: If you write it down, it is final. I know some nights I can't sleep because I keep going over and over something in my head trying to make it make more sense or trying to figure out solutions to a problem and I get nowhere. And if I do come up with the most amazing solution ever, I forget by morning.If you write it down, you can add to it and you know you won't forget it.
Two: When you put your thoughts on paper, you first have to go through your thoughts and think about what you want to write and what can be left unsaid. That's just it, you go through your thoughts more thoroughly, and you have to put things in a specific order, which helps you realize solutions and problems.
Three: If there is even the slightest chance that someone will find what you write and read it, you feel like you are getting your issues off your chest, and it just feels better. Maybe you keep your journal under your pillow, but there is a chance that in thirty years, someone will go thru the addict and find it and now they know what you were going through... Relieving burdens, even to a fake person you name Lucy, really does help you to just relax and deal with things later.
Also, I want to share my experience so that others know they are not alone, and maybe my pathetic life will inspire someone reading this to get off the couch before they end up like me. And because I am trying so desperately for a job, I gotta admit, I've got some great tips.
I guess, I really made this blog to just blow off some steam and not bug people. I know my family doesn't want to hear it, and I don't want my boyfriend to find out just HOW BIG a loser I really am. All of my friends have these accomplishing lives, so if I said anything they would just tell me, "Life could be worse. You have a great boyfriend." Thanks people, but I want my life to be more than just about a boy I see a few hours a week....
So, here it goes...
Life of the Unemployed:
No comments:
Post a Comment